New Year’s Dissolutions:
1. The aphelion of milk is me at 4:33 a.m. on January 1st.
2. Soliloquies and obloquies in trance and dance at noon on Presidents’ Day.
3. The recalcitrance of hair in the alimentary canal on the Ides.
4. A Ponzi scheme you will love.
5. An internal rhyme to end all couplets.
6. Take, take take.
7. Graphic blandishments in the Charles Schulz style.
8. Spindly spirals of sassafras chutney on Mondays, Wednesdays, and alternating Sundays.
9. Scrape out pores… and “Hark, there’s a cough. Oh, do your worst!”
10. The best plan is none.
11. The old man announces he’s a deterministic Darwinist. (Oh, yes he does!)
12. I can’t make sense of his design…
Better start working on next year’s dissolutions.
“The body itself has no use for hope.
It hardens in grief to live beyond hope.”
— Rohan Chhetri / “New Delhi in Winter”